I was born in London in 1956, and have lived in London all my life. I am married with four children.
I have had 25 years of business experience, working in London and I am well used to managing significant budgets and ensuring that large projects run smoothly.
The Mayor and Assembly responsibilities are similar to those of running a large business, which requires strategic planning, skilful negotiating and careful budgeting.
I care passionately about London, and believe it could be so much. As Mayor my priorities would include:
- Safety in our streets - Making London safe to live and work in, and safe for our children.
- London's Transport - Improving the lives of the millions of Londoners who travel on public transport.
- Health - Although not directly in the Mayor's control, it is important for the Mayor to use their influence to ensure that Londoners have Centres of Excellence and easy access to good health care for all ages.
- Education - Again this is an area where the Mayor can only use their influence - but having four children I believe that providing good education locally is a priority.
- Keeping the Cost of Ken's precept down - Ken is now costing every London household almost £300 a year - and what is going to happen when we have the Olympics bill to pay as well. We have had enough of Ken's taxes.
I have been working to promote residents interests for over 20 years, serving on many voluntary bodies and associations, so I am accustomed to committee work and the skills of chairmanship. I am also a school governor for an LEA school and the governor responsible for helping those with special educational needs.
If you would like to see the local election results, please click here